New Zealand Packages
New Zealand Packages offer the whole world in one country, From snow capped peaks to rain forests, New Zealand is any traveller’s dream. A jewel of the south Pacific with something for everyone. Offering a guaranteed adrenaline rush, whatever your fancy may be; all set in spectacular scenery. New Zealand is a perfect backdrop for an ultimate journey. Read More
- Travel to New Zealand Overview
New Zealand is a relatively small country consisting of two islands. Wild uninhabited coastlines stretch for miles while sub-tropical rainforests cover a spectacular 5,360,000 hectare of the land. It is these surroundings which make people want to come out and play. No wonder, New Zealand is known as the Extreme Sports Capital of the world. It caters to all levels of adventure-junkies.
Whether you are a fanatic or simply wanting to take in the magnificent sights and sounds, you will be constantly amazed by the country’s natural beauty.
- Amazing Natural Wonders To Explore On New Zealand Packages:
- White Island– An active volcano with a dramatic landscape
- Milford Sound– Hundreds of waterfalls
- Fox and Franz Joseph Glaciers– Only glaciers in the world which flow into tropical forest
- Poor Kinights Island– Rightly named as one of the best dive locations in the world
- Rotorua – one of the most active geothermal areas in the world
It seems fitting that you conclude your journey trekking in the high mountains of Alps with a final glimpse of this magical land. The phenomenal natural wonders of this amazing country enthral every visitor. Combine this with some heart-pumping action, welcoming locals and you have the perfect combination for a perfect adventure.
- Visas Required for Travel to New Zealand
When traveling to New Zealand for tourism, apply for the Visitor’s visa:
- Costs NZ$130 and is normally 9 months.
- Must be obtained prior to your entry in the country
- The application can be personal or include your family (Partner and dependent children under 20).
The forms are available from New Zealand diplomatic missions overseas, travel agents or through the New Zealand Immigration Service website.
New Zealand embassy’s address in India:
Sir Edmund Hilary Marg
110021, New Delhi
Phone: +91 11 4688 3170 / 4259 6300
There are also two consulates of New Zealand in India:
- MumbaiLevel2, 3 North Avenue
Maker Maxity, Bandra Kurla complex
Phone: +91 22 6131 6668
- ChennaiMaithri, 132 Cathedral Road
600 086, Chennai
Phone: +91 44 2811 2472
- New Zealand Currency
- If you are carrying more than NZ$10,000 in cash, you will be required to fill a Border Cash report when entering New Zealand.
- There are no restrictions concerning the amount of foreign currency one can bring to the country or take out.
- You will find ATMs everywhere in New Zealand, especially along main shopping streets and in malls.
- Check with your bank before leaving that your Credit Card has a four digits PIN in order to be able to use it in most places.
- New Zealand Weather
- The Southern Island is generally a few degrees cooler than the Northern one.
- The ideal period for outdoor exploration is from November to April, they are the warmer months.
- New Zealand’s maritime climate is characterized by rapid changes of weather, in every part of the country. The travelers should be prepared for all kinds of weather conditions.
Check the New Zealand Mountain Safety Council Website for more information.
- Local Language Of New Zealand
Even if most New Zealanders speak English, here are some basic words of Maori language you should know before leaving on New Zealand Packages from India :
Kia ora Hello Tena koe Greetings to you Kei te pehea koe? How is it going? Kei te pai Good Tino pai Really good Ae Yes Kao No Ka kite ano Until I see you again (bye) Hei konei ra See you later
Did you know? New Zealand was the first country to declare sign language as an official language in 2006.
- How To Reach New Zealand
A flight to Auckland from India is approximately 15 hours.
- Direct flights to the major International airports of the new Zealand from Delhi and Mumbai.
- Connecting flights via Kuala Lumpur, Singapore, Bangkok and Hong Kong from Kolkata, Hyderabad, Chennai and Bengaluru.
- Travelling In New Zealand
- New Zealand has a comprehensive network of buses and coaches with which you can go around the country.
- Many bus and coach companies offer hop on hop off passes for unlimited travel around the country’s major destinations.
- A scenic alternative is a train tour around the major cities of the country passing through stunning landscapes
- Roads are in good condition in New Zealand and driving around is safe. Moreover renting a car is quite easy and allows you to design your trip according to your desires.
- Air travel is also widely available but is a more costly option.
- Adventure Activities On New Zealand Packages
- Caving at Ruakuri Cave, Waitomo
- White Water Rafting at River Valley, Taihape
- Ledge Bungy Jumping in Queenstown
- Glacier Hiking at Franz Josef
- Off road driving in Fiordland- Lord of the Rings Location!
- Jetboating at Buller Gorge, Westport
- Extreme Flying Fox at Mokai Gravity Canyon, Taihape
- Skydiving in Lake Wanaka
- Nevis Arc Swing at Nevis Canyon, Queenstown
- Climbing Auckland Bridge Climb, Auckland
- How to Explore The Country On A New Zealand Package
- Start with White Island
- Enjoy active thermal activity of New Zealand
- Visit the mythological Mount Egmont
- Indulge in water sports activities
- Go biking
For an adventure like no other, start your journey just East of North Island. With a bird’s eye view of the Pacific, you are likely to have the company of several kinds of dolphins and whales. But then White Island comes into view, so called because when Captain Cook discovered it in 1769, it appeared to be in a cloud of white steam. This small uninhabited island is always enshrouded in a white mist and hides big secrets. It is an active volcano. Because it is so easily accessible, only 50 km from the nearest town, it is a magnet for scientists and tourists alike. Landing on its mars like surface, its clear its not your run-of-the mill guiding tour. The landscape of the volcano is constantly changing.
Walking round an active volcano might not be everyone’s cup of tea but there are other less daring ways to enjoy New Zealand’s thermal activity. The Hells Gate Thermal Park in Rotorua boils and bubbles with hot springs. The rising steam creates a mystical atmosphere. With its interesting sights, sounds and smells, tourists flock to see this unique and ever changing landscape. There are over 500 pools here that claim to have healing properties.
Remember the beautiful mountainous backdrop of the movie The Last Samurai? It was the inactive Volcano Mountain Taranaki or Mount Egmont which has long played an important role in New Zealand’s mythology. Take a walk along the green fertile lowlands below or go snowboarding in the morning, Taranaki is the perfect place to experience the essence of New Zealand
With 15,000 kilometres of coast, no town is more than a 2 hour drive from the sea. It is a water baby’s dream. Whether you are in it for the scenery or for the sporting action, New Zealand has it all. It’s somehow the surfers who enjoy it the best. With a variety of waves, New Zealand is a world class surfing destination.
There are plenty of other drier activities to sink your teeth into. South Island is especially famous for mountain biking and the terrain provides a brilliant challenge with an also unbelievable backdrop for the sport.