RLT Treats of Europe
Departure Dates : April 28, May 18 & 30, June 9 & 23, Aug 9
Europe Tour Day 1:Welcome to Rome, the historical city of Italy and the first city of visit in your Europe holiday package. On arrival at airport, receive a warm welcome by “Roads Less Travelled” representative who will then transfer you to your hotel in Rome. Upon arrival, check in and relax in the hotel. At evening watch Rome sparkle as day turns to night, and then head out on an after-dark panoramic city tour. As you visit the city’s famous monuments and squares, you’ll be dazzled by how beautiful they look illuminated at night. During the approximate two-hour motor-coach tour, your local guide will regale you with interesting commentary and Roman history. You’ll see Capitoline Hill, the Colosseum, Palatine Hill, Castel Sant’Angelo, St Peter’s Basilica and the district of Trastevere. You’ll also make a stop at the Trevi Fountain. Legend says if you throw in a coin, you’ll have good luck and will return to Rome one day, so make sure you have some change! Overnight stay at the comfort of your hotel.
Europe Tour Day 2:scenic full-day trip from Rome to Capri is a must for any visitor to Italy! You’ll sail across the Gulf of Naples to the island of Capri, known as the ‘Pearl of the Mediterranean’, where you have the option to take a boat ride to the beautiful Blue Grotto and take in stunning views from Anacapri. Your journey begins by heading south along the Highway of the Sun, crossing the fertile Roman countryside and the area known as Castelli Romani dotted with enchanting medieval villages. Arriving in Naples, you will board a jet boat for the 45-minute crossing to Marina Grande, the port of Capri. Here you will have the option (fees payable direct) of boarding a motorboat to reach the Blue Grotto (Grotta Azzurra), where sunlight passes into an underwater cavity and shines through the seawater, creating a magical blue reflection that illuminates the cavern. The boat trip is subject to weather and sea conditions. On your return to the port, you’ll board a minibus for a scenic drive to Anacapri, 918 feet (280 meters) above sea level. You will see wonderful views of the Bay of Naples, before continuing to a local restaurant for lunch. After lunch you can take advantage of some free time to explore Capri at your leisure. Don’t forget to bring your camera! You’ll then return to Marina Grande and board the boat transfer to Naples. As you enter the port, you’ll see Naples’ splendid Castel Nuovo (a 12th-century fortress) and Royal Palace. Next, board the coach for your return three hour journey to Rome. Overnight stay at Rome.
Europe Tour Day 3:Train transfer to Florence and time to relax for your one of the fascinating road trip to Pisa. In afternoon, after a panoramic drive through the Tuscan countryside, you’ll drive along the embankment lining the River Arno into Pisa. Your visit begins with a guided visit of Piazza dei Miracoli, home to the famous Leaning Tower of Pisa (exterior visit). This masterpiece of Romanesque art is surrounded by the equally beautiful baptistery (exterior visit) and cathedral (visit inside). You will then have free time to explore Pisa on your own. Or perhaps you would like to take a guided walk to Piazza dei Cavalieri with your tour escort, where you will see Scuola Normale, one of the most famous universities in the world. Founded by Napoleon in 1810, the university has been educating students and carrying out research for nearly two centuries. Overnight stay at Florence.
Day 4:Morning train transfer to Venice and check-in into your hotel. After meeting your expert guide near the Piazza San Marco, you’ll take a leisurely stroll through the streets of Venice. Have your camera ready for unforgettable pictures of intriguing, yet lesser-known Venice sights that will chart your route as you walk. The exact itinerary on your Venice Walking Tour will be determined by your guide on the day. You half-day tour will continue with a 35-minute gondola ride along Venice’s famous Grand Canal – undoubtedly a highlight of your trip. This is the perfect way to get to know Venice as a must-do introductory city tour for new visitors, as well as anyone interested in the city’s colorful history. The tour does not include interior visits. Overnight stay at Venice.
Europe Tour Day 5:Boarding a comfortable motor boat, you’ll speed along the Venetian lagoon to Murano, famous for its glassware. During the visit you’ll explore shops, factories and watch the skilled glass-blowers as they create works of art. You’ll also have time to visit a museum showcasing the world-famous Murano glass. Re-board your motor boat you’ll journey to the island of Burano to admire picturesque fishermen’s houses painted in bright pastel colors, and, of course, the famous lace. You can visit a museum dedicated to the craft of lace, and purchase the beautiful lace at local shops. The last island stop is Torcello, the earliest center of civilization in the Venetian lagoon. You’ll see the cathedral of Santa Maria Assunta, founded in the 7th century, and the excavated remains of the circular baptistery in the church of Santa Fosca. Afternoon train transfer to Milan. Overnight stay at Milan.
Europe Tour Day 6:Explore scenic Lake Como in Italy’s beautiful Lake District on a day trip from Milan. The fashionable lakeside town of Como is just a short drive from Milan, surrounded by snowcapped mountains. After spending time shopping and dining in Como, you’ll take a two-hour panoramic cruise on Lake Como to the enchanting village of Bellagio. Lake Como is the third largest lake in Italy, after Lake Garda and Lake Verbano, and is ringed with scenic towns. On your cruise, admire the splendid lakeside villas and keep an eye out for Villa d’Este at Cernobbio, a luxurious hotel complete with tropical gardens. The mild Mediterranean climate ensures an abundance of exotic and rare plants thrive year round. Docking at the delightful town of Bellagio, you can follow the steep lanes running up from the lake and stop at boutiques and cafes housed in historic buildings. Please note: This tour has year-round departures. The above itinerary applies during summer months (1 April – 31 October). At all other times you will enjoy a one-hour boat cruise on the lakes followed by a cable car up to the village of Brunate (instead of Bellagio) to see the stunning views of the city. Overnight stay at Milan.
Europe Tour Day 7:Train transfer to Innsbruck which is the provincial capital of Tyrol and the fifth largest city in Austria by population. It has twice hosted the Winter Olympics and was one of host cities in the 2008 European Football Championships. This beautiful, alpine destination with its historical buildings, breathtaking scenery, snow-capped mountains and extensive ski resort facilities makes it one of the most wonderful places to visit in Europe. You are free to explore the city by your own and Overnight stay at Innsbruck.
Europe Tour Day 8:Train transfer to Zurich known as a “metropolis of experiences” by the water, with a magnificent view of the snowcapped Alps on the horizon, Zürich offers a unique mixture of attractions – over 50 museums and more than 100 art galleries, international fashion labels and Zürich designs, and the most flamboyant and lively nightlife in Switzerland. Recreational activities range from a visit to the riverside and lakeside bathing areas in the very heart of the city, to a spectacular hike on the Uetliberg mountain. Overnight stay at Zurich.
Europe Tour Day 9:Day to venture aboard an unforgettable Alpine tour to the majestic world of the Jungfraujoch – Towering at 11,333 feet (3,454 meters) you’re officically at the top of Europe! Your guided full day coach tour from Zurich takes you to the magnificent mountain world of the Bernese Oberland. Ride the cogwheel train from Lauterbrunnen via Kleine Scheidegg to Jungfraujoch, Europe’s highest railway station. Enjoy the incredible world of eternal snow and ice. Visit the Ice Palace, experience the breathtaking panorama view from the Sphinx Observation Terrace overlooking the Aletsch Glacier (Europe’s longest glacier) and the snow-capped peaks of the neighboring countries. The down hill mountain trip takes us to Grindelwald where our coach awaits us. Arrival in Zurich at approximately 8:00pm. Overnight stay at Zurich.
Europe Tour Day 10:Spend a full day at Mount Titlis on this guided coach tour from Zurich. Appreciate the Alps and their unmatched views from such great heights, including a cable car ride to the summit, a ride on the ice flyer and free time in Lucerne. Travel over Albis Pass along the shores of the Lake of Four Cantons before arriving in the quaint town of Lucerne. Stretch your legs and see the major sites as your guide takes you on a brief city tour. Afterwards, enjoy approximately one hour of free time where you can choose to take a closer look at the Lion Monument, Chapel Bridge, Town Hall, or the new Concert and Congress Hall. Your coach tour continues to the mountain resort town of Engelberg where the breath taking journey skywards begins. Board Rotair, the rotating cable car for panoramic views of alpine glaciers and ice boulders as you ascend 10,000 feet (3020 meters). With approximately an hour and a half to enjoy the scenic Mount Titlis, bask on the sun terrace or dine in one of the numerous restaurants. Before your tour concludes, be sure to visit the Ice Grotto, ride the IceFlyer, walk over Europe’s highest suspension bridge and go on the FunLift for an up close viewing of the ice crevasses. Overnight stay at Zurich.
Europe Tour Day 11:Travel to Paris with world fatest train “TGV” and relax at your hotel. Be ready to see Paris is enchanting by night, so take this comprehensive four-hour tour to experience the magic first-hand and discover why Paris is known as the “City of Light”. You’ll visit the illuminated Eiffel Tower, take a one-hour evening cruise on the Seine River and tour Paris’ floodlit monuments at night. You’ll have unbeatable views of Paris at night from the Eiffel Tower, and again from the Seine River as you pass under the famous bridges of Paris. Then as you tour Paris’ tree-lined boulevards in the comfort of your air-conditioned motor coach, you’ll see the famous sights of Paris lit up for the night, including Concorde and Vendome Squares, Opera and the Champs-Elysees. Overnight stay at Paris.
Europe Tour Day 12:Day to discover Discover Disneyland Paris, a Magical Kingdom not so far away – somewhere between a place where you wish upon a star and dreams come true, and classic Disney heroes and heroines live once upon a time in fairytales that are, happily, never ending. Explore Disneyland Park and travel freely through the
- Kingdom of Entertainment and its 5 famous lands in Disneyland Paris:
- MAIN STREET, USA: a reminder of bygone America at the turn-of-the-century
- ADVENTURELAND: the country of adventure where all is possible and exoticism is guaranteed
- FANTASYLAND: the wonderful land of fairy tales and child dreams
- FRONTIERLAND: the world of the Far West, the legends and the folklore
- DISCOVERYLAND: to try amongst others in this futuristic land the newest attraction: “Honey, I Shrunk the Audience!”
Europe Tour Day 13:After breakfast proceed to the airport for your flight back home with fond memories of your tour to Europe.
Europe Tour Inclusions
- All train transfer as per the tour program travel by 2nd class
- Panoramic night tour of Rome
- Day trip to Capri
- Afternoon trip : Florence to Pisa
- Venice walking tour and Gondola Ride
- 4 hour tour of Murano, Burano and Torcello
- Day trip to Lake Como from Milan
- Full-day trip from Zurich to Jungfraujoch
- Eiffel Tower, Seine River cruise and Paris illuminations night tour
- Disneyland resort tickets with transport from Paris
- 2 Overnights Rome inclusive breakfast
- 1 Overnight Florence inclusive breakfast
- 1 Overnight Venice inclusive breakfast
- 2 Overnights Milan inclusive breakfast
- 1 Overnight Innsbruck inclusive breakfast
- 3 Overnights Zurich inclusive breakfast
- 2 Overnights Paris inclusive breakfast
Europe Tour Highlights
- Panoramic Rome
- Great introduction to Rome’s many attractions
- See Rome’s squares and monuments illuminated
- Special stop at the Trevi Fountain – be sure to throw in a coin for good luck
- Pickup from centrally located Rome hotels
- Travel through the Roman countryside south to Naples
- Scenic boat ride from Naples to Capri
- Views of the Bay of Naples from Anacapri
- Lunch at a local restaurant in Anacapri
- All transfers and transport arranged
- Boat tour of the Blue Grotto (optional)
- Afternoon trip to Florence to Pisa
- Guided visit of the Piazza dei Miracoli, home of the Leaning Tower of Pisa
- Guided visit of the cathedral
- Free time to explore Pisa on your own
- Optional free guided walk to Piazza dei Cavalieri
- Expert local guide
- Hassle-free travel to one of Italy’s most popular attraction
- Combined afternoon walking tour and gondola ride down the Grand Canal
- Guided walking tour of Venice, passing special sights that the tourist maps miss out
- Take a gondola ride down the Grand Canal
- Led by an expert local guide
- Visit the three most famous islands in the Venetian lagoon on one half-day tour
- Glass-blowing factory and museum on Murano
- Shop for lace on Burano
- Venice’s oldest church on Torcello
- Shopping and dining in Como
- Lake Como cruise
- Stunning scenery featuring lakeside villas and gardens
- Exploring the delightful town of Bellagio
- Shopping at La Tessitura
- Visit to the Romanesque Sant’ Abbondio Basilica outside summer montFull-day trip from Zurich to Jungfraujoch, known as the Top of Europe
- Scenic, guided drive through Switzerland’s magnificent Alpine regions
- Cogwheel railway journey from Lauterbrunnen via Kleine Scheidegg to Jungfraujoch
- Visit Europe’s highest railway station
- Visit the Ice Palace and Sphinx Observation Terrace
- Explore the town of Lucerne with a guided walking tour plus free time
- Take a cable car to the Mt. Titlis summit to see glaciers and ice boulders
- Walk over Europe’s highest suspension bridge on the summit of Mt Titlis
- Pickup from Sihlquai Bus Terminal or selected Zurich hotels
- Panoramic views of Paris from the Eiffel Tower
- Evening cruise with commentary along the Seine River
- Night tour through Paris’ illuminated squares and monuments
- Individual audio sets onboard your coach, available in 15 languages
- Visit the 5 famous lands: Main Street USA, Adventureland, Frontierland, and Discoveryland
- Spectacular shows at Walt Disney Studios Plant
- Choice of tickets to 1 or 2 parks
- Transport from Paris by air conditioned coach
View Larger Map