RLT Classical Europe Trip
Departure Dates : April 28, May 18 & 30, June 9 & 23, Aug 9
Europe Trip Day 1:Welcome to Rome, the historical city of Italy and the first city of visit in your Europe holiday package. On arrival at airport, receive a warm welcome by “Roads Less Travelled” representative who will then transfer you to your hotel in Rome. Upon arrival, check in and relax in the hotel. At evening watch Rome sparkle as day turns to night, and then head out on an after-dark panoramic city tour. As you visit the city’s famous monuments and squares, you’ll be dazzled by how beautiful they look illuminated at night. During the approximate two-hour motor-coach tour, your local guide will regale you with interesting commentary and Roman history. You’ll see Capitoline Hill, the Colosseum, Palatine Hill, Castel Sant’Angelo, St Peter’s Basilica and the district of Trastevere. You’ll also make a stop at the Trevi Fountain. Legend says if you throw in a coin, you’ll have good luck and will return to Rome one day, so make sure you have some change! Overnight stay at the comfort of your hotel.
Europe Trip Day 2:Enjoy your morning Vatican tour including the Vatican Museums, Sistine Chapel and St Peter’s Basilica includes exclusive access through a reserved entranceway, ensuring that you will not wait in any long lines. Head straight inside with your guide and enter the world’s most extensive private collections of art. Hear the stories and secrets of the intriguing Vatican while following your guide through incredible rooms like the Gallery of Tapestries and the Gallery of Maps, a seemingly never-ending corridor adorned with intricately detailed Italian maps. Pass through the Gallery of Candelabras, seeing ancient sculptures and opulent candelabras from Imperial villas, and wander through Bramante’s Pinecone Courtyard to pose for pictures in front of the bronze Pigna statue. Amble through Raphael’s Rooms, marveling at the interconnecting galleries that showcase the artistic genius of Raphael, and then enter the awe-inspiring Sistine Chapel – the crowning glory of any visit to the Vatican. Gaze up at Michelangelo’s famous The Creation of Adam ceiling fresco, see The Last Judgement on the chapel’s back wall and absorb the sacred ambiance of the pope’s private chapel. Your tour finishes with a visit to St Peter’s Basilica, the home of the Catholic Church, where more artistic masterpieces await. See La Pieta, a stunning Michelangelo sculpture created by the artist when he was just 24, and admire Bernini’s Baldachino – the ornate bronze canopy that sits above St Peter’s high altar. Bid your guide farewell and take a stroll through St Peter’s Square if you wish. On completion of the tour take train transfer to Florence. Overnight in Florence.
Europe Trip Day 3:Today your morning tour starts with a drive up to Piazzale Michelangelo to admire wonderful panoramic views of Florence. Next, you’ll take a walking tour of the of the cathedral (exterior) in the old city center, including Giotto’s bell tower, the Baptistery with its bronze doors and the famous cupola by Brunelleschi. A short walk brings you to the Accademia Gallery which houses the statue of David by Michelangelo. The morning tour concludes here. In afternoon, after a panoramic drive through the Tuscan countryside, you’ll drive along the embankment lining the River Arno into Pisa. Your visit begins with a guided visit of Piazza dei Miracoli, home to the famous Leaning Tower of Pisa (exterior visit). This masterpiece of Romanesque art is surrounded by the equally beautiful baptistery (exterior visit) and cathedral (visit inside). You will then have free time to explore Pisa on your own. Or perhaps you would like to take a guided walk to Piazza dei Cavalieri with your tour escort, where you will see Scuola Normale, one of the most famous universities in the world. Founded by Napoleon in 1810, the university has been educating students and carrying out research for nearly two centuries. Overnight stay at Florence.
Europe Trip Day 4:Morning train transfer to Venice and check-in into your hotel. After meeting your expert guide near the Piazza San Marco, you’ll take a leisurely stroll through the streets of Venice. Have your camera ready for unforgettable pictures of intriguing, yet lesser-known Venice sights that will chart your route as you walk. The exact itinerary on your Venice Walking Tour will be determined by your guide on the day. You half-day tour will continue with a 35-minute gondola ride along Venice’s famous Grand Canal – undoubtedly a highlight of your trip. This is the perfect way to get to know Venice as a must-do introductory city tour for new visitors, as well as anyone interested in the city’s colorful history. The tour does not include interior visits. Overnight stay at Venice.
Europe Trip Day 5:Boarding a comfortable motor boat, you’ll speed along the Venetian lagoon to Murano, famous for its glassware. During the visit you’ll explore shops, factories and watch the skilled glass-blowers as they create works of art. You’ll also have time to visit a museum showcasing the world-famous Murano glass. Re-board your motor boat you’ll journey to the island of Burano to admire picturesque fishermen’s houses painted in bright pastel colors, and, of course, the famous lace. You can visit a museum dedicated to the craft of lace, and purchase the beautiful lace at local shops. The last island stop is Torcello, the earliest center of civilization in the Venetian lagoon. You’ll see the cathedral of Santa Maria Assunta, founded in the 7th century, and the excavated remains of the circular baptistery in the church of Santa Fosca. Rest of the day at leisure. Overnight stay at Venice.
Europe Trip Day 6:Train transfer to Innsbruck which is the provincial capital of Tyrol and the fifth largest city in Austria by population. It has twice hosted the Winter Olympics and was one of host cities in the 2008 European Football Championships. This beautiful, alpine destination with its historical buildings, breathtaking scenery, snow-capped mountains and extensive ski resort facilities makes it one of the most wonderful places to visit in Europe. You are free to explore the city by your own and Overnight stay at Innsbruck.
Europe Trip Day 7:Proceed to the train station for your onward journey to Munich. Enjoy Munich at your own pace Explore Munich with a 1 or 2 day ticket aboard an open-top double-decker bus. See all the main sights as you hop on and hop off at conveniently located stops around the city. Listen to the multilingual commentary and learn interesting facts. Spend as much or as little time at places of interest before jumping aboard for the next stop – the choice is yours! Discover the highlights of our city with our concise Hop on Hop off tour in our open air double-decker buses. Our route presents to you such famous sights as the Pinakotheken art museums, the world famous Hofbrauhaus, the National Theater with the Royal Palace, Marienplatz and the Viktualien market with its colorful outdoor stalls. (Non stop tour takes 1 hour) Overnight stay at Munich.
Europe Trip Day 8:Departing Munich, visit the smallest of three royal castles, Linderhof, which was built by King Ludwig II during the 19th century as a hunting lodge. Built in French Rococo style, the castle has a Moorish pavilion which can be visited during your two hour stay. You have the option to join a guided tour of the interior of Linderhof. After departing Linderhof, you will have a short shopping stop in Oberammergau, world-famous for its woodcarvers, richly painted houses (Luftl-paintings) and Passion Play. On the approach to Neuschwanstein, it will quickly become clear as to why this magnificent neo-Romanesque style castle is the most well known castle in the world. It appears through the mist like something out of a fairytale, and you will not be surprised to hear that the man who conceived its design – King Ludwig II, was considered quite eccentric. If it all seems very familiar, it may be because the castle was the inspiration for Disney’s Sleeping Beauty Castle. You will have four hours to explore the grounds of Neuschwanstein, and the option of joining a guided tour of the interior of the castles if you wish. Overnight stay at Munich.
Europe Trip Day 9:Train transfer to Zurich known as a “metropolis of experiences” by the water, with a magnificent view of the snowcapped Alps on the horizon, Zürich offers a unique mixture of attractions – over 50 museums and more than 100 art galleries, international fashion labels and Zürich designs, and the most flamboyant and lively nightlife in Switzerland. Recreational activities range from a visit to the riverside and lakeside bathing areas in the very heart of the city, to a spectacular hike on the Uetliberg mountain. Overnight stay at Zurich.
Europe Trip Day 10:Day to venture aboard an unforgettable Alpine tour to the majestic world of the Jungfraujoch – Towering at 11,333 feet (3,454 meters) you’re officically at the top of Europe! Your guided full day coach tour from Zurich takes you to the magnificent mountain world of the Bernese Oberland. Ride the cogwheel train from Lauterbrunnen via Kleine Scheidegg to Jungfraujoch, Europe’s highest railway station. Enjoy the incredible world of eternal snow and ice. Visit the Ice Palace, experience the breathtaking panorama view from the Sphinx Observation Terrace overlooking the Aletsch Glacier (Europe’s longest glacier) and the snow-capped peaks of the neighboring countries. The down hill mountain trip takes us to Grindelwald where our coach awaits us. Arrival in Zurich at approximately 8:00pm. Overnight stay at Zurich.
Europe Trip Day 11:Spend a full day at Mount Titlis on this guided coach tour from Zurich. Appreciate the Alps and their unmatched views from such great heights, including a cable car ride to the summit, a ride on the ice flyer and free time in Lucerne. Travel over Albis Pass along the shores of the Lake of Four Cantons before arriving in the quaint town of Lucerne. Stretch your legs and see the major sites as your guide takes you on a brief city tour. Afterwards, enjoy approximately one hour of free time where you can choose to take a closer look at the Lion Monument, Chapel Bridge, Town Hall, or the new Concert and Congress Hall. Your coach tour continues to the mountain resort town of Engelberg where the breath taking journey skywards begins. Board Rotair, the rotating cable car for panoramic views of alpine glaciers and ice boulders as you ascend 10,000 feet (3020 meters). With approximately an hour and a half to enjoy the scenic Mount Titlis, bask on the sun terrace or dine in one of the numerous restaurants. Before your tour concludes, be sure to visit the Ice Grotto, ride the IceFlyer, walk over Europe’s highest suspension bridge and go on the FunLift for an up close viewing of the ice crevasses. Overnight stay at Zurich.
Europe Trip Day 12:Travel to Paris with world fatest train “TGV” and relax at your hotel. Be ready to see Paris is enchanting by night, so take this comprehensive four-hour tour to experience the magic first-hand and discover why Paris is known as the “City of Light”. You’ll visit the illuminated Eiffel Tower, take a one-hour evening cruise on the Seine River and tour Paris’ floodlit monuments at night. You’ll have unbeatable views of Paris at night from the Eiffel Tower, and again from the Seine River as you pass under the famous bridges of Paris. Then as you tour Paris’ tree-lined boulevards in the comfort of your air-conditioned motor coach, you’ll see the famous sights of Paris lit up for the night, including Concorde and Vendome Squares, Opera and the Champs-Elysees. Overnight stay at Paris.
Europe Trip Day 13:Day to discover Discover Disneyland Paris, a Magical Kingdom not so far away – somewhere between a place where you wish upon a star and dreams come true, and classic Disney heroes and heroines live once upon a time in fairytales that are, happily, never ending. Explore Disneyland Park and travel freely through the Kingdom of
- Entertainment and its 5 famous lands in Disneyland Paris:
- MAIN STREET, USA: a reminder of bygone America at the turn-of-the-century
- ADVENTURELAND: the country of adventure where all is possible and exoticism is guaranteed
- FANTASYLAND: the wonderful land of fairy tales and child dreams
- FRONTIERLAND: the world of the Far West, the legends and the folklore
- DISCOVERYLAND: to try amongst others in this futuristic land the newest attraction: “Honey, I Shrunk the Audience!”
Europe Trip Day 14:After breakfast proceed to the airport for your flight back home with fond memories of your tour to Europe.
- All train transfer as per the tour program travel by 2nd class
- Panoramic night tour of Rome
- Vatican tour including the Vatican Museums, Sistine Chapel and St Peter’s Basilica
- Florence Morning Tour
- Afternoon trip : Florence to Pisa
- Venice walking tour and Gondola Ride
- 4 hour tour of Murano, Burano and Torcello
- Munich hop-on hop-off tour by open-top double-decker bus
- Neuschwanstein Castle and Linderhof Tour
- Full-day trip from Zurich to Jungfraujoch
- Eiffel Tower, Seine River cruise and Paris illuminations night tour
- Disneyland resort tickets with transport from Paris
- 1 Overnight Rome inclusive breakfast
- 2 Overnights Florence inclusive breakfast
- 2 Overnights Venice inclusive breakfast
- 1 Overnight Innsbruck inclusive breakfast
- 3 Overnights in Munich inclusive breakfast
- 3 Overnights Zurich inclusive breakfast
- 2 Overnights Paris inclusive breakfast
- Panoramic Rome
- Great introduction to Rome’s many attractions
- See Rome’s squares and monuments illuminated
- Special stop at the Trevi Fountain – be sure to throw in a coin for good luck
- Pickup from centrally located Rome hotels
- Upgrade your tour to include a 3-course dinner in Trastevere
- Vatican tour including the Vatican Museums, Sistine Chapel and St Peter’s Basilica
- This tour includes exclusive access through a reserved entranceway and we guarantee you will not wait in any long lines
- Pass through captivating sites like Raphael’s Rooms, Gallery of the Maps and Bramante’s Pinecone Courtyard
- Visit the Sistine Chapel to see Michelangelo’s The Creation of Adam ceiling fresco – considered one of the greatest masterpieces of Western art
- Explore St Peter’s Basilica on a Vatican walking tour and see the famous La Pieta sculpture
- Covers key Florence sights
- Morning tour of Piazzale Michelangelo, cathedral and Accademia
- Afternoon tour of Santa Croce, Piazza Signoria and Uffizi Gallery
- Mix of coach and walking tours for the best view of Florence
- Skip the Line entrance to the Uffizi and Accademia galleries
- Morning tour with or without optional lunch
- Enlightening commentary from your expert local tour guide
- Afternoon trip to Florence to Pisa
- Guided visit of the Piazza dei Miracoli, home of the Leaning Tower of Pisa
- Guided visit of the cathedral
- Free time to explore Pisa on your own
- Optional free guided walk to Piazza dei Cavalieri
- Expert local guide
- Hassle-free travel to one of Italy’s most popular attraction
- Combined afternoon walking tour and gondola ride down the Grand Canal
- Guided walking tour of Venice, passing special sights that the tourist maps miss out
- Take a gondola ride down the Grand Canal
- Led by an expert local guide
- Visit the three most famous islands in the Venetian lagoon on one half-day tour
- Glass-blowing factory and museum on Murano
- Shop for lace on Burano
- Venice’s oldest church on Torcello
- Choice of morning or afternoon tours
- Professional commentary provided by your expert English-speaking guide
- King Ludwig II’s Royal Castles tour from Munich
- Fairytale Neuschwanstein Castle – the model for Disney’s Sleeping Beauty Castle
- Four hours to explore the castle and grounds
- Linderhof hunting lodge castle
- Two-hour visit to Linderhof
- Walking tour of Nuremberg’s medieval and Third Reich sites
- Expert, professional guide
- Return train tickets from Munich
- Full-day trip from Zurich to Jungfraujoch, known as the Top of Europe
- Scenic, guided drive through Switzerland’s magnificent Alpine regions
- Cogwheel railway journey from Lauterbrunnen via Kleine Scheidegg to Jungfraujoch
- Visit Europe’s highest railway station
- Visit the Ice Palace and Sphinx Observation Terrace
- Explore the town of Lucerne with a guided walking tour plus free time
- Take a cable car to the Mt. Titlis summit to see glaciers and ice boulders
- Walk over Europe’s highest suspension bridge on the summit of Mt Titlis
- Pickup from Sihlquai Bus Terminal or selected Zurich hotels
- Panoramic views of Paris from the Eiffel Tower
- Evening cruise with commentary along the Seine River
- Night tour through Paris’ illuminated squares and monuments
- Individual audio sets onboard your coach, available in 15 languages
- Visit the 5 famous lands: Main Street USA, Adventureland, Frontierland, and Discoveryland
- Spectacular shows at Walt Disney Studios Plant
- Choice of tickets to 1 or 2 parks
- Transport from Paris by air conditioned coach
View Larger Map