France & Swiss Trip
Europe Trip Day 1Arrival in Paris and day at leisure. Overnight in Paris.
Europe Trip Day 2Today See Paris’ main attractions in a five-hour Paris city tour with a difference. Your sightseeing tour of Paris includes a tour across the city by coach, views of Paris from the water as you cruise along the Seine River, and lofty panoramas from the second floor of the Eiffel Tower. You have a choice of four tour times – 9:00am, Noon, 12:45pm or 6:15pm – so you can plan your day to suit yourself. This comprehensive tour is a great way to get to know Paris if this is your first visit. Your coach tour across Paris takes in Place de la Concorde Square, the Champs-Elysees, the Arc de Triomphe, the western districts of Paris, the Palais de Chaillot and the Palais Bourbon (National Assembly). You’ll then see Paris from a different viewpoint by taking a one-hour cruise on the Seine River, highlighting Paris’ rich 2,000 years of history. And what better way to conclude your overview of Paris than by taking a trip up the Eiffel Tower where you will have enough time to explore the Eiffel Tower on your own. You’ll ride the elevator up to the second floor of the Eiffel Tower for spectacular views of Paris laid out before you. Have your camera ready! Inclusions:
- Seine river cruise
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- Lift to the second floor of the Eiffel Tower
Europe Trip Day 3Today trip to the charming town of Bruges in Belgium’s Flemish region on your Paris holiday. You’ll visit one of the most beautifully preserved medieval towns in Europe. In summer you’ll cruise down Bruges famous canals and see why the city is known as the “Little Venice of the North”. Your drive to Belgium takes you through northern France to Bruges, not far from the North Sea in northern Belgium. Bruges is a simply exquisite town. The intact medieval centre of this Unesco World Heritage site looks like a living canvas painted by a Flemish old master. Upon arrival in Bruges, your guided tour begins with a walk through the city’s medieval heart. Highlights include the magnificent Grand Place, quaint houses with elaborately decorated facades, the Halles (an outdoor market with a belfry), the Place du Bourg with the Saint-Sang Basilica, the Gothic-style Town Hall and the Beguine Convent. In summer (April to October) you’ll then take a short cruise down Bruges’ canals to see this lovely old city from the water. You’ll have free time afterwards to pursue your own interests, perhaps visiting the museums of Flemish art or browsing for handmade lace and Belgian chocolates. Inclusions:
- Free time in Bruges
- Walking tour
- Canal Cruise (April to October only)
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- Professional guide
Europe Trip Day 4Arrival in Interlaken by train 2nd class from Paris. Interlaken lies in the Bernese Oberland on an alluvial plain, between Lake Thun and Lake Brienz. The vacation destination, which is presided over by the three mighty mountains, Eiger, Mönch and Jungfrau, is the starting point for numerous activities. Overnight in Interlaken.
Europe Trip Day 5Excursion from Interlaken up to the Jungfraujoch – Top of Europe. From Interlaken Ost the train takes you via Lauterbrunnen (change of trains) and Wengen to the Kleine Scheidegg, at the foot of the famous Eiger North Wall. The Jungfrau Railway takes you up to the Jungfraujoch – at 3454 m/11’333 ft the highest railway station in Europe. Breathtaking views of the Aletsch Glacier, the longest glacier in the Alps. Overnight in Interlaken.
Europe Trip Day 6Morning excursion to the «James-Bond-Mountain » (film location). First the train takes you from Interlaken Ost to Lauterbrunnen where you board the bus to Stechelberg. From there several cable cars take you up to Schilthorn Piz Gloria – at 2970 m/9’744 ft. A spectacular 360° panorama view awaits you – some 200 snow-capped peaks, ranging from the Bernese Alps to Mont Blanc in France and Germany’s Black Forest. An additional highlight is the world’s first revolving mountain restaurant at an altitude of nearly 3000 metres.Today you continue your trip to the mountain monastry village Engelberg, the village at the foot of Mount Titlis. Overnight in Engelberg.
Europe Trip Day 7Excursion to the glacier paradise of Mount Titlis at 3020 m/10’000 ft. Ascending in the world’s first revolving gondola ROTAIR and take the opportunity to ride the spectacular Ice Flyer chairlift and see the ice grotto in the Titlis Glacier Park. Transfer by rail to Zürich with a shopping and sightseeing stop in Lucerne. Overnight in Zürich.
Europe Trip Day 8Proceed for your onward journey or continue your stay in Switzerland at your own request.
- Panoramic Rome
- Day trip from Paris to Bruge
- Seat reservation in TGV
- Round Trip: Excursion to Mount Titlis
- Round Trip: Excursion to Jungfraujoch – Top of Europe
- Round Trip: Excursion to Schilthorn
- 3 Overnight stay at Paris inclusive breakfast
- 3 Overnight stay at Interlaken inclusive breakfast
- 1 Overnight stay at Engelberg inclusive breakfast
- 1 Overnight stay at Zurich inclusive breakfast
- All train transfer as per the tour program travel by 2nd class
- See Paris’ famous squares and monuments from the comfort of your air-conditioned coach
- Cruise with commentary along the Seine River
- Panoramic views of Paris from the Eiffel Tower second floor
- Individual audio sets onboard your coach, available in 15 languages
- Guided walking tour of Bruges’ beautiful medieval centre
- Canal cruise (April to October)
- Free time to shop or visit museums
- Air-conditioned coach trip through France and Belgium
- Illuminating commentary from your expert guide
- Professional commentary provided by your expert English-speaking guide
- Jungfraujoch, known as the Top of Europe
- Scenic, ride through Switzerland’s magnificent Alpine regions
- Cogwheel railway journey from Lauterbrunnen via Kleine Scheidegg to Jungfraujoch
- Visit Europe’s highest railway station
- Visit the Ice Palace and Sphinx Observation Terrace
- Explore the town of Lucerne
- Take a cable car to the Mt. Titlis summit to see glaciers and ice boulders
- Walk over Europe’s highest suspension bridge on the summit of Mt Titlis
View Larger Map