dance that we now know as Ladakh. Even today, forces of nature converse in this exotic land, proudly aloof from the rest of the world.
- Best Time To Travel To Ladakh
The best time to travel on a Ladakh package is in the summer months, from June to September the days are relatively warm and the views are truly stunning. The nights are quite cold though, even in the summer
- How to reach Leh?
All the touristic planes land, approximately twice a day during the summer season, at Leh Military airport, the only airport in the region. Otherwise you can reach Leh by bus/car passing through mesmerizing landscapes on one of the most beautiful roads in the world.
- Permits required to travel to Ladakh
If you are planning to go to Nubra Valley, Tso Moriri, Pangong Tso or the Da-Hanu villages, you will require special permits that you can obtain for one week pretty easily.
- Clothing required to travel on Ladakh Packages
During summer prefer cotton and light woolen clothes and in winter thick and warm woolen. Thick socks, gloves, mufflers, beanies, boots and sunglasses should also be part of your luggage as well as sunscreen, lip balm and cold cream
- Local language
- When in Ladakh, speak Ladakhi! The first word to learn is Julley. Which can mean Hello, thank you, good bye and sorry at the same time, easy!
- Moving around on a Ladakh Package
Local transport are few and not reliable in Ladakh. Prefer taxis or even better, bikes, which can be rented per day. Within Leh you can just walk around
Ladakh is a high altitude cold desert; one has to acclimatize slowly to these conditions. Take sufficient rest and drink a lot of water, in case you start feeling unwell, consult a doctor ASAP.
- Credit card and ATMs
Very few places accept credit cards and will charge around 2% extra. ATMs are available in Leh but not very reliable. Better to withdraw before landing in Leh and carry some cash.
- Things to do on Ladakh Packages
- Go river rafting or kayaking on the Zanskar or Indus rivers. As you raft down the turmoil of the river you discover the mountains from a new angle, impressive and thrilling experience
- Ride a bike till Pangong Tso. The road is one of the most dangerous in the world but the ride is worth the thrill and the views over Pangong Lake when you reach there are simply mesmerizing
- Trek till Tso Moriri and meet the nomads and their animals on the way
- You can also cycle everywhere in Ladakh as long as your legs can bear the effort… it is one of the best ways to discover the amazing landscapes of the region
- Drive to Kardung-la the world’s highest motor able pass
- Take part in a camel Safari along the ancient silk route
- Places To See on Ladakh Packages
- Discover ancient monasteries such as Alchi or Lamayuru monasteries dating back from the 10th century, Thiksey monastery overlooking the Indus Valley or Phugtal Gompa, one of the most isolated monasteries of Ladakh.
- See the Stupas scattered all across Ladakh. And in Leh climb up till Shanti Stupa in the evening to see the sun disappearing behind the high Himalayan Mountains.
- See the mesmerizing shades of blue of the salted Pangong Lake.
- Tso Moriri fresh water lake.
- Cross Kardung La and follow the road to the valley of flowers: Nubra Valley.
- The Zanskar valley, in between the Great Himalayan ranges and the Zanskar Mountain Ranges